LIFE Skill: Getting Closer to Jesus!
Open your Bibles to Matthew chapter 22 and read verses 36-39.
From all of the laws in the Old Testament, Jesus says these are the two greatest commandments: to love God with your whole being and to love the people around you.
Discuss the following questions together as a family.
1. What looks different about us if we give everything to love God? Do we look physically different than others?
2. What is a practical way to love God with our whole heart or our whole mind?
3. Has a stranger/neighbor ever randomly shown love to you? How did they do it? How did it make you feel?
4. Why do you think loving other people is so important to God?
5. Why do you think Jesus picked these two commandments as the most important and not any others?
Practical: As a family, choose a neighbor and choose a way to lovingly bless them. For example, bring them a warm meal and pray for them and their family!