by CCSB Web Team | Oct 20, 2015
“This will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.” So wrote Elmer Davis in his book, But We Were Born Free. Sometimes we must fight for our freedom in Christ. Are you willing to fight for what you believe? Can you be brave? To Paul, his spiritual liberty in Christ was worth far more than his popularity or even his personal security. In this week’s portion of Scripture, we find Paul passionately defending the freedom which we have in Christ. Judaizers were once again trying to infiltrate the church and place the Law upon them. Had Paul not had the courage to “stand fast in the liberty by which Christ has made us free” (Gal. 5:1), the church today might look very different.
1. Why is sin a much bigger problem than what we simply do?
2. What does our outward sin reveal about the heart of mankind?
3. What should we do when we sin? Why?
4. If mere effort and willpower are not enough to defeat sin in our lives, what should we do?
5. Spend time praying for forgiveness and thanking God for His mercy and grace.
This video will live at 12AM on Monday, February 14th.