by CCSB Web Team | Jan 19, 2016
In the last passage, Paul declared that “The Lord knows those who are His” and “Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity” (v.19). In this week’s passage, we see that those that name the name of Christ depart from iniquity by embracing the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit. Paul says that there are “vessels of honor” and “some for dishonor” in God’s “great house.”
1. Why is sin a much bigger problem than what we simply do?
2. What does our outward sin reveal about the heart of mankind?
3. What should we do when we sin? Why?
4. If mere effort and willpower are not enough to defeat sin in our lives, what should we do?
5. Spend time praying for forgiveness and thanking God for His mercy and grace.
This video will live at 12AM on Monday, February 14th.